ABOUT THE PROJECT
Customer / Partner Country
- Software Development
- Web app development
The VALUMICS project is a Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation project that addresses specific challenges facing the food system and food value chains in Europe. VALUMICS work aims to improve understanding the functioning of different links in the food chain, their viability and sustainability within specific supply chains and across food chains, and how they provide capacity to foster the sustainability and resilience of the food system.
- develop approaches and tools to analyse the structure, dynamics, resilience and impact of food chains on food security, economic development and the environment
- explore the impact of public regulations (quotas, subsidies, public procurement policies etc.) and private initiatives (certification, Corporate Social Responsibility, marketing, retailer standards, fair trade etc.), which have shaped these food chains to assess the conditions under which these interventions enhance or not resilience, integrity and sustainability
- analyse the suitability of selected indicators to capture the evolution of resilience, the sustainability and the integrity of a set of major food value chains across Europe, and their transformative capacity
- develop an integrated modelling approach and use for the analysis of external and internal drivers influencing the performance of food value chains and demonstrate options for improved business strategies
- build foresight scenarios to reflect on the possible evolution of those food chains and on the kind of public, private and civil society instruments that would enable enhancing their desirable outcomes or counteract their negative impacts
ASSIST Software role is build an integrated dynamic simulation model, quantitatively test the model developed, and provide understanding about the drivers and outcomes of behaviours within food value networks, which will enable participants, industry and regulatory policy makers to explore the implications of a wide variety of contractual and regulatory scenarios and interventions for improving resilience, integrity and sustainability of food value chains.
The consortium driving the VALUMICS project (Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation project) has a core of 19 European partners from 14 countries and two Asian partners.
Ready to make it happen?
Drop us a line. We’d love to hear from you and see how we can help in solving your digital challenges. As one of the best software outsourcing companies in Romania, Eastern Europe, Europe and the world really, we are sure we can ASSIST.GET IN TOUCH