Real-Time Weather Plugin for Unity C#, Gaming, Innovation
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Customer / Partner Country
- 3D Simulations
- Game Development
- Unity Development
Real-Time Weather brings your simulation a step closer to reality by providing updated real-time weather information.
The plugin can work as a standalone extension of the Unity editor, collecting real-time weather data that can be used as input for your components.
Time-saving plugin for simulations and Unity developers who wish to bring their projects to the next level. The Real-time Weather is easy to install and is compatible with many other popular Unity assets and now comes with a PRO version as well.
Watch an overview video and see how The Real-time Weather Plugin looks
The current Real-Time Weather version supports integration with:
- Enviro - complete and dynamic AAA sky and weather solution which provides the ability to simulate weather, day-night cycle, clouds, and vegetation growth and seasons.
- Tenkoku - brings completely dynamic high-fidelity sky and weather, as well as provides the ability to simulate weather, day and night cycle, and clouds.
- Massive Clouds Atmos - provides the ability to render the entire sky with volumetric effects, while adjusting it for various weather conditions.
- Expanse - a state-of-the-art volumetric tool for HDRP that gives you the power to author beautiful skies, clouds, and fog banks.
All the integrations can be imported from the Unity Asset Store.
Weather Data Accuracy
- Weather data collected from public weather websites
- Possibility to prioritize the order of the weather provider - useful when a provider offers more exact data, given a certain area/region/continent
- Possibility to change/alter the update frequency of the transmitted weather data
- Country name, state name (for the USA), and city name.
- Latitude & longitude.
Weather APIs Integration
Real-Time Weather Data Forecasting
You can request hourly/daily forecast data from Tomorrow.io or OpenWeatherMap and simulate the weather using the current integrations, customizing specific options like transition speed, simulation speed, or loop simulation option.
- Tomorrow.io -> hourly (up to 108 hours), daily (up to 14 days)
- Open Weather Map -> hourly (next 48 hours), daily (next 7 days)
- Simple to set up.
- Built-in functionality for simulating a scene using the Tenkoku - Dynamic Sky, Enviro - Sky and Weather, Massive Clouds Atmos, and Expanse - Volumetric Skies, Clouds and Atmospheres (HDRP) plugins.
- Built-in functionality for sending information to your own custom weather simulator.
Compatibility & System Requirements
- Intended for Desktop, macOS, Linux, and Console systems.
- Android and iOS platform support.
- Internet connection for collecting and updating weather data.
Real-time Weather Plugin for Unity Cover
Cover for the standard version of Real-time Weather
Real-time Weather Standard
Real-time Weather Plugin Photos
Search Real-time Weather Plugin for Unity
Real-time Weather plugin examples
Weather Providers API Real-time Weather
Features for Real-time Weather
Real data forecast in Real-time Weather
Photo of Real-time Data Forecast
Real-time Weather Manager Plugin
Weather Manager Plugin Photo
READ ABOUT THIS PROJECT ON OUR BLOG
Do you want to get in touch with us?
If you are interested in our software development services, you would like to join our team, or you simply want to find out more about us, we’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line and a member of the ASSIST team will get back to you as soon as possible. We are sure we can ASSIST you.GET IN TOUCH